Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog post #11

First off, I thought the youtube video Little Kids...Big Potential was amazing! I’ve never seen so many kids that enjoy technology as much as this classroom did!

I enjoyed watching the Skype interview very much. One of the responses from Mrs. Cassidy that stood out the most was about protecting the students’ identity. I think it’s very smart to only use last names on the blogs and to not post pictures of specific kids to the blog as well. I know that would have been a major concern for me when I have my own classroom but I think that approach to safe blogging would be very much liked and appreciated by most, if not all parents. I think blogging will be a major part of learning in my classroom. Mrs. Cassidy said that blogging is a major advantage because the kids have an audience all around the world. I love that they have a cluster map for the kids to see where people are from that comment on their blog. That is a great tool! I think that many parents would like the use of blogs for their kids learning so that they can keep up with what is going on in the classroom more.
Happy blogging

I liked Mrs. Cassidy’s response in how to start using technology. She said to start with what you are most interested in. I think that is very true, but I think I would start using technology in my classroom based off of what my students have a lot of interest in as well. I know many students absolutely love Facebook. For middle and high-school I think the idea of having a separate Facebook account for school is awesome! I think that will make students interact and be more excited about school if Facebook or any other PLN is a part of their learning style.

I enjoyed watching the interview very much and I truly learned a lot from listening to Mrs. Cassidy's view on technology in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment