Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog post #14

I was familiar with most of the top ten tips Jose Picardo suggested. I agreed most with what he said about social networks and making closed groups for communication. In my sorority we have a closed Facebook group and it is the best way to communicate with 71 girls. Most people have phones with Internet so they can see immediate posts to a facebook group. People love Facebook so why not use it for education; students will learn to love school even more with social networks. I completely agree that we should make the most of our pupil’s gadgets. We have so much available to us on our cellular phones. Why not take advantage of it? I also think that incorporating music into education is a great idea; I’m just not sure how you would do that and still achieve lesson objectives. I am a huge fan of having a class blog! I never even heard of them till EDM310. I have seen many of them and they seem to be so useful and they truly help parents be involved with their child’s school work! I agree that interactive white boards should be used more effectively. I have talked with a many teachers in Mobile County and the lessons that they teach on their smart board have been very effective, so I don’t that is an issue right now for teachers. I think Mr. Picardo’s top ten tips shows many people how much better education and learning can be with incorporating technology in the classroom.
Technology or books, you decide!

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,
    I agree with most of what you are saying, except I don't agree on Facebook. It is something that is just so hard to monitor, hard to get parents on board with, and allows for a lot of distraction. There are websites built on the same premise as Facebook that are constructed simply with education purposes in mind that work better. Some students are also too young or immature to have a Facebook. My cousin is only ten and her friends use it to bully her and other girls, an idea we see on television and in the news, but one that is also very real. I just something easier to monitor would be best.
    Great job though.
    Carly

    ReplyDelete