Wednesday, September 7, 2011

C4T Summaries

diverse children
Summary for Mr. Tarte's posts

In Mr. Justin Tarte’s blog post, Seeing eye to eye , he spoke strongly about how important it is to have positive educational discussions with other teachers and administration within your school. Mr. Tarte admitted that he and another staff member did not agree on certain topics, but were both able to focus on what is best for their students. He says that having conversations with other teachers helps each other grow and improve. In Mr. Tarte's post, We all have voices , he video interviewed several faculty and students at PBJHS. He wanted to find out what they were excited for this school year. There were multiple teachers excited about new faculty, more technology in the classrooms, and some teachers who were just excited to be back. About half of the students interviewed said that they enjoyed their physical education class and/or sports the most.

Summary for my responses

When responding to Mr. Tarte’s post, Seeing eye to eye, I agreed that it is important for teachers and administration to be able to have conversations that focus on the students. I mentioned that my mom is a teacher for MCPSS and that her grade level meets every week to discuss classroom objectives. I think it’s great for teachers to meet and have educational discussions. What better educational advice could you get other than from a teacher or administrative staff? In Mr. Tarte’s video interview post, I mentioned how great it was to see the students just as excited as the faculty for the new school year. If the faculty and teachers stay enthusiastic about school then it should keep students positive and enthusiastic as well. I also mentioned that I was surprised that none of the students were excited about being able to wear their choice of clothing to school. I was required to wear a uniform in all of my previous schools. I think it’s great to let them dress how they want and it’s another way to encourage creativity.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,

    Thanks for reflecting upon my two most recent posts. As I mentioned in my comment to one of your posts before, I am so excited for young future educators such as yourself who have the background knowledge and experience using social media as a means to developing your PLN. You have such a great opportunity to further your growth and development through your PLN, and I look forward to following your journey as you get closer to your first teaching job.

    ReplyDelete